Friday, August 3, 2012

A new freebie, and working on Project 52

I've been making an effort to catch up on "Project 52" OK, I'll have to admit, I just started! What that means for me is I'll need to do at least 2 layouts every week, sometimes 3, in order to get them all done by the end of the year.

I'm not sure if my strategy will work, but I thought I would get some layouts completed from both the beginning of the year, and also from the middle on. (that way, at least, I'll be working on some of them closer to the present where my memory works a little better!)

In researching looking for some templates, I didn't really find any that I really liked, at least that I thought was affordable, especially, since I'm really good at starting projects, finishing...Not so great!!
I did find some templates that I loved in 12x12, but I've also decided to work in 8.5 x 11 landscape format, which is very hard to find.

Here is one I've designed:



I can alter a 12 x12 template to fit, and have done many of them, but that seemed like a lot of work, and not all templates transfer well to 8.5 x 11.

A little while ago, I got a freebie from Karla Dudley at Design House Digital, for some "pocket protector" templates! (these were only free for a little while, but I'm sure you can head over to DHD to pick them up!)

I love these!




Here's my first layout for project 52 I did with them:


Credits: 
templates - Karla Dudley
Paper - AHinks (true blue solid papers)
elements:
DHD Sarcastically (arrow)
DHD Karla Dudley, (stamp sheet-boy)
MLD Date tag (that's me!)
MLD "in the name of Jesus " ppt slide
DHD an tribal (banner, notes, stitches)
CVW supply tracker

In the process of trying to find templates suitable for my project, I decided to try my hand at making some.

Here is a layout I did for week 2, using my own template:


Credits:
Template: Memory Lane Digital (that's me!)
paper - AHinks true blue solid papers
elements:
DHD Shannon Hegarty (Date stamps)
Deena Rutter (365 month highlights)
Karla Dudley (stamp sheet-boy)
CVW supply tracker

And here's the latest one:

Credits:
Template: MLDproj52-8x11wk31
paper: MLD Everyday (that's me!)
elements: DHD, (retrospect date tag)
CVW supply tracker


And here is the freebie I'd like to pass on to you:
Please tell me what you think of it! and if you use it, feel free to leave a comment with a link to it!!


I've kept the templates simple in their design, because for a big project like "project 52", it's desirable to get them done quickly, and not have to fuss with a lot of different elements. The beauty of using templates, is that you can add and change things as you like them! You can see in the example above, I did make some changes myself, I added some paper under the journaling, and changed the position of the date tag.

It's not just for week 31, it can be changed for any week you'd like, or, change it to any title you'd like!




Thanks for  stopping by,
Happy Scrapping!!,

Marlene

No comments:

Post a Comment