Saturday, April 16, 2011

Random Acts of Kindness Challenge for me: a freebie for you

Our Pastor challenged us to do a Random Act of Kindness this week.

Sometimes we don't even realize how many we do in the natural course of our day, opening doors for people, holding the elevator, letting someone in line in front of us at the grocery store. I guess those are all good and kind things to do, but I believe he wanted us to step it up a bit, and do just a little bit of a bigger RAK.

  • Should we count picking up our uncle from the hospital, and rearranging his furniture, so he can move around the house in his wheelchair? Nope, we would have done that anyway!
  • What about cooking meals for same said uncle? Nope, we would have done that anyway!
  • Or cooking for all the good folks at church on Wednesday, (I think we had at least 70). Nope, we would have done that anyway! 
  • What about taking our grandson to the petting zoo, even though the ground is all soggy, and there weren't any animals there yet? Nope, we would have done that anyway! Sure was fun!!


My DH is a youth leader at our church, they met the challenge by handing out Hershey's kisses to strangers outside of the Canadian Tire store, instead of doing the fun things they love to do as a group.
Funny how some people won't even take a free Hershey's kiss from those eager young people! What's up with that?

I have to admit, I was a bit stumped this week. What to do, what to do!?


I just finished 2 new kits. I decided that all the work I've been putting into designing birth announcements should be put to good use! I gathered up what I'd created, made a few more elements, worked on the psd files, to make them into templates, and made a bunch of papers.

This is a new idea, I put these together specifically to make cards or small projects. The sizing is a bit unusual. I'd love to get some feedback about that! Is it something useful to photographers? Is it too different for the digital scrapbook folks? I guess time and comments will tell!!

Here is the first one I completed, it's available for sale at Etsy. I just love these bright colours! Very springy!







So I guess my RAK isn't really that much of a stretch for me, because I finally decided to give away a brand new kit! I think I'm crazy to give it away, it has a lot of goodies in it.

It will only be free for a limited time, get it soon, it will be listed at Etsy on Monday!

This one is specially designed for the DIYers out there. It's everything you need to put your own 5x7 birth announcement, thank you or promo card together in beautiful soft neutral colours. It's also great for post cards, or brag books!



This kit contains:
  • 12 300 dpi papers, in jpg format, in 5x7 size (take note of the size, it's for small projects!)
  • 24 elements, 300 dpi, in png format, including word art, and 2 photo masks 
  • 2 complete alpha's
  • 1 ready made template, fully layered psd file.
  • colour swatches

Click on the links below the picture to download.

The first one is the kit, it has three folders in it,
1. the Alphas
2. The Elements
3. the Papers
The elements folder has the word art and photo masks in it.

The second link is to download the template.

*by downloading these files, you are agreeing to the Terms of Use


Freebie Expired


Every good and perfect gift is from above! Although not heaven sent, I do hope you enjoy this gift!

Please leave a comment if you download. 
Designers work hard to offer these freebies, it's nice to know it's appreciated!

Thanks,

Happy Scrapping,
Marlene

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this template and the papers too! You are giving some of us an awesome gift. I am struggling to get a business off the ground and gifts are few and far between. I cherish every one!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome. I well know the struggles! I wish you much success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I will be sure to pass on the love by performing a random act of kindness myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the freebie!!! Can't wait to try it out :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have my both my boys birthday's coming up...
    I think this'll be perfect for designing their invites....

    Thank youuuuu so much!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for a wonderful download.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you like it! You are all very welcome!

    ReplyDelete