Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day, a sneaky peak, and a Freebie

I have a love/hate relationship with that cold white stuff. I really dislike the cold, and being outside in the winter is not something I do willingly. So when it snows, I shiver, both from the cold and the anxiety of being out in it.
This past Wednesday, my usual cooking at church day, a snow storm blew through the Niagara region, along with a good chunk of North America. I'm sure there were a lot of people affected by it. There I was, shivering again.

I usually go to "coffee break" a women's Bible study, every Wednesday morning, then out for lunch with my friend, grocery shopping and cooking in the afternoon, eat supper at church, and another Bible study in the evening. Whew! It's a long day, but Wednesday's are my favourite day.

I wake up every Wednesday morning with a thankful prayer, and wooo hooo! that I can use my gifts in service to the Lord, and in a way that I absolutely love doing.

However...I knew there was a snow storm coming our way, and that Coffee Break was already canceled. What I didn't yet know was that if Family Night was also cancelled. I sure hoped so, 'cause I didn't want to be out in it!

Yes! the call came in, it was officially a Snow Day! Schools were closed, school buses not running, many activities also canceled. I was immediately inspired to start creating a new digital scrapbooking kit called, what else...Snow Day.

So that's where the love is in my love/hate relationship with the cold white stuff. I love being able stay indoors where it's cozy and warm. Love to curl up with a good book, a mug of hot chocolate, and watch the world get covered in beautiful white fluffy snow. I love creating, I'm having so much fun designing digital scrapbooking papers and elements, and having the extra day to do that was an unexpected blessing.

Here is a little sneaky peak of my new digital scrapbooking kit, with this Freebie snow man element, great for any of your snowy layouts. I'll post the kit as soon as it's finished, it's turning out to be bigger than I had first anticipated!

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments, so if you download, please take a moment to leave a comment!

Happy Scrapping!
Marlene




No comments:

Post a Comment